Tuesday, March 13, 2012

link 1 - http://kenjoh.wrytestuff.com/swa79624.htm

This source is my first choice because it is the most in detail and elaborate of all sources I have found. This site does not dub itself pro or anti music downloading.  Instead it is very factual and unbiased rather than opinionated, which is good as I create a more solid opinion of my own. One thing I especially liked about the source is that among being very expansive it also covers the history of the topic, explaining its origin.  As it covers any branch of the topic I may need to use, this site will provide a solid foundation for my paper.

link 2 - http://www.duke.edu/~lab36/finalproject%5B1%5D.html

This source appears that it was the product of another college students homework assignment (Duke student to be exact). This may make the article more helpful than others in that the author has the same intent as I and therefore, I can relate. Also, The author remains unbiased like the previous source (except for a concluding few paragraphs). Rather than include his/her own opinion, the author includes the opinions of members of each side of the argument. The article includes many views and opinions and will provide a good source for arguments of either side. One downfall may be that the article is not easy on the eyes as it uses a black backdrop.

link 3 - http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/001112

This source remains very unique as it gives detailed insight towards the 'for downloading' side of the argument.  Everything about the article remains unique as at the end there are numerous comments made by readers (thoughtful and respectable comments, not like those usually seen on the Internet). Also, it includes responses made by the author. This source provides the opinions of many and provides a written argument of all opinions that I may use in my paper. This source will be very helpful as it gives me insight to the views of the slim party that is for downloading music.

link 4 - http://www.riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php?content_selector=piracy_details_online

This source will be very helpful as it comes from the association fore-fronting the anti music downloading battle, the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).  It does a great job of  providing a who/what/why argument and gives a thorough explanation of why music downloading is wrong and how it is harmful throughout the process. It also provides related excerpts from various pieces of news and gives multiple tabs to view different parts of the argument. It does this all while maintaining the most professional stance of all the sources. The site shares opinions with me and will remain useful as I establish my opinion throughout the paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment