Thursday, February 9, 2012

Have you ever escaped all civilization, and been glad to be there?

Escaping from all civilization and being in complete solitude, depending completely on the items within your pack, can be among the most relaxing and rewarding things a human can do. I have been a big fan of enjoying this escape for many years of my life. I have many friends that enjoy this same hobby with me, whom also enjoy anything outdoors. We take this Hobby seriously, especially wilderness hikes, Surviving off of the back tens of miles from all civilization. Now don't think this is some primitive mountain-man stuff. We use very specialized hardware for the hikes that are engineered for hiking-style camping. Lightweight packs that contain freeze-dried food, ultra-lightweight stoves and one-pound football sized sleeping bags.  The lists goes on, every item is designed to be used in light-weight, more serious back-packing. We pack all these items into packs and use them to enjoy civilization-free wilderness and it really brings utter relaxation. It is a change of pace from the rushed modern world and that change brings a peace found nowhere else. The other half of the experience include seeing breathtaking sites no road will ever take you. Standing atop natures greatest creations among one of the most beautiful states in the nation. Each night brings us to a new beautiful location; waterfalls, crystal clear lakes resting in enormous valleys, cliff sides overlooking entire mountain ranges. Not including the beautiful trails hiked from site to site. Now the outdoors are not exciting to many people, some prefer the modern life. As I enjoy the city as well(don't get me wrong) I enjoy the occasional release found in nature.  Many of the most enjoyable moments of my life have occurred with friends and I whom are hundreds of miles from civilization. The outdoors are the thing I will always love most and hiking is one my favorite routes of getting my dose. Hiking has brought me to the most beautiful places I have ever seen, places that can only be accessed by hiking many many miles into wilderness, and that is something I will always be grateful to have. 

1 comment:

  1. Again, I love the way you write. I feel as if i am there with you, you really send a clear picture through your words. I can relate to this story, my husband and I spend alot of time in the wilderness. The further we are away from civilization and other hikers, camper the better. There is not really any questions i have on this.

    ReplyDelete