Monday, February 13, 2012

Have You Ever Jumped off of a Cliff?

(freewrite 3)

  Have you ever? Well I have indeed, maybe some of you even? If i specify more you may agree, my particular form is more popularly referred to as cliff-diving.  As it sounds is exactly what is done. The Diver jumps from a cliff, any height of his choosing, with the landing being a water source (hopefully a deep one). Cliff-jumping is one of the many ways to experience free-falling. Moments, many times seconds, when the body feels no gravitational pull as there is nothing to resist it. It is quiet with the exception of the rushing air surrounding you.  A perk offered by cliff-jumping that is unique to the sport (as compared to other free-falling sports) is the water landing. The outbreak of adrenaline and rush of air instantly interrupted by a missile-like entrance into the water. The underwater descent lasting for maybe 40 feet depending on the jump height. This is when the excitement of accomplishment hits you.  It is pure silence accompanied by the muffled underwater movement.  Heart still pounding.
I enjoy cliff jumping as a hobby and is one of the many ways I take advantage of the beautiful place we live in. The Falthead offers many lakes to partake in cliff-jumping such as Tally Lake (a pristine spot and a beautiful lake as well). Tally Lake holds my record, at 90 feet. The 90 footer is the tallest offered by Tally. That is unless you have a boat, then a 125 footer can be accessed across the lake. Always trying to outdo myself, I have the 125 footer in my sights for this upcoming summer. Many people call me crazy, but it is how I make the most of my life. Whether it be hitting eye-watering speeds on Whitefish Mtn, rocketing out of a berm on my motorbike, or free-falling into a lake, it is was drives me. I am an adrenaline junky. I live for crazy. I live for exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment